Summer 2023 | Intern | Golf Operations
LOCATION: Westchester Country Club, Rye, New York
DEPARTMENT: Golf Operation
JOB TITLE: Golf Operation Intern
REPORTS TO: Director of Golf/Head Golf Professional
This position is responsible for working with all golf operations employees, creating and running exceptional golf programs for the members and guests of Westchester Country Club.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist the Director of Golf, Head Golf Professionals, Assistant Golf Professionals, and all other Golf Staff employees with managing and overseeing all elements of the Club’s golf-related activates resulting in an exceptional overall golf experience for members and their guests.
- Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf, golf operation management and golf instruction.
- Works with Golf Staff on all facets of the tournament program.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of tournament software (Golf Genius), Jonas POS software, WHS and Office programs (Excel, Word, Publisher).
- Works directly with the Golf Shop Manager and other Golf Staff to maintain a first-class golf shop.
- Daily opening and closing responsibilities in the golf shop.
- Play with members on a routine basis.
- Possess a personality trait that will make members feel welcome.
- Maintain professional expertise through related courses and learning opportunities.
- Be a role model for all employees by demonstrating the behavior and work ethic expected of all employees.
- Self-motivated with desire to promote the golf program
- Maintain a high level of visibility and interaction with both Members and Guests.
- Promote and support all golf activities at Westchester Country Club
- Provide a welcoming environment for members.
- Provide an expert level of professionalism for members and their guests.
- Follow in place communication and marketing plans for the golf program.
The above list of essential job functions describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by the Head Golf Professionals or Director of Golf.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory, and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential functions of this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Working towards a bachelor’s degree/PGA accreditation
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Computer literacy. Competent with technology involved in the golf operation.
Language and Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate in a professional and courteous way with members and staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, POS programs, and handicap software.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and service skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
Physical, sensory and motor demands:
Ability to be on your feet for up to 8 hours per day.
Ability to lift boxes, golf bags and baskets of golf balls.