WHO WE ARE
Since 1922, Westchester Country Club is an exclusive family-oriented private club located in Rye, New York. Westchester Country Club is among the top country clubs and proudly designated as a Platinum Club of America, ranking #29 out of the top 150 country clubs in the United States.
With over 1,600 members, Westchester Country Club offers world-class facilities including the main club property and the beach club on the Long Island Sound. Club members enjoy two championship golf courses and a 9-hole executive course, comprehensive tennis and squash facilities, various dining options, an on-site fitness facility and indoor pool, and other specialized amenities. Westchester Country Club also has two large banquet rooms, conference facilities, member apartments, and guest accommodations.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
At Westchester Country Club, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to our Members, and our Culinary team plays no small part in achieving this. We are hiring a Line Cook to join our Culinary team and contribute to this shared mission of Member satisfaction through Culinary excellence. The Line Cook will work within our Club’s restaurant, assisting the Executive Chef-Member Dining, Sous Chef and Chef de Cuisine with recipe preparation, planning and contributing to the overall smooth operation of the Kitchen.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Carefully follow standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service
- Prepare and cook all food items as laid out in the menu and in accordance with the specifications on the prep sheet
- Handle line assignments as scheduled (station prep and station service)
- Contribute to overall smooth operation of Kitchen, including checking condition of equipment and obtaining necessary utensils, tools and supplies
- Contribute to overall cleanliness and sanitation of Kitchen, including proper handling and storage of leftover food items and soiled tools/utensils, and cleaning assigned workstation area
- Consistently use safe and sanitary food handling practices according to Local Health and State Laws
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Pursuing an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management or related program
- Strong computer skills including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- High attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and excellence
- Possess a creative and positive outlook with a problem-solving attitude
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills
- Strong interest in the Hospitality and/or private club field, with an eye toward growth and innovation
- Service-minded attitude, with a focus on Member satisfaction
- Must have availability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to work on-site in Rye, NY
$18.00-$19.00 hourly compensation, commensurate with experience
OUR TOTAL REWARDS
At WCC, we believe that our biggest strength lies in the exceptional people who work for our organization to deliver memorable experiences to our members and their families. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and providing our team members a meaningful and rewarding career experience with us. We prioritize offering valuable benefits, wellness, rewards and recognition programs, compensation, time off, and resources to support the wellbeing and needs of team members and their families. We refer to these as our "Total Rewards“.
- Establish a Healthy Foundation – Several Cigna medical plan options, plus prescription coverage, dental and vision insurance.
- We've Got You Covered – 100% company paid life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and employee assistance program.
- Protect Against the Unexpected – Voluntary benefits including accident, critical illness, and supplemental life insurance.
- Family Members with Four Paws - Pet insurance available to provide dogs and cats with health coverage too.
- Build Toward Retirement - 401(k) plan for retirement savings and education sessions to help foster financial literacy.
- Work/Life Harmony - Paid time off including vacation and personal days, 11 holidays, and more to enjoy time outside of work, take a break, and care for ourselves or others.
ALL team members enjoy free lunch and dinner meals, free parking, a lifestyle discount program, and numerous recognition events and activities throughout the year.