Summer 2023 | Boat Attendant | Beach Club Aquatics
JOB TITLE: Boat Attendant
LOCATION: Westchester Country Club, Rye, New York
DEPARTMENT: Beach Club - Aquatics
COMPENSATION: Non-Exempt (overtime eligible), $16.00-$18.00 per hour commensurate with experience
Please note: Per New York State law, in order to be legally authorized for employment, all Minors must obtain and provide their Student General Employment Certificate (Working Papers) prior to beginning their first day of employment and to be kept on file for the duration of their employment.
This position is responsible for managing watercraft equipment at beachfront area. This position will monitor equipment use, assure safety measures are followed, and ensure all equipment is in good working order.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set-up all watercraft equipment at start of day, ensuring all watercrafts are available and easily accessible to Members and Guests
- Assure all watercraft equipment is securely and properly stowed away at end of day
- Maintain equipment logbook, ensuring everything is properly documented and accounted for in accordance with Club safety policies
- Enforce all Club rules and policies regarding use of Beach facility
- Manage equipment rentals, assuring availability and proper record-keeping of all rentals
- Safely and properly operate all watercraft equipment
The above list of essential job functions describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- Provide excellent service to Members and Guests
- Adhere to all WCC guidelines, policies and procedures
- Carry out all reasonable requests made by Aquatics Supervisors and/or Aquatics Director
- Availability to work a flexible schedule throughout summer season, including weekends and holidays
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential functions of this position.
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Must have valid New York State Boating Safety Certificate
- Must have ability to swim
- Prior experience with kayaks, paddle boards, Hobie Cat, and Sunfish a plus
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of CPR and First Aid procedures
- Ability to carry/move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum age requirement is 16 to meet NYS Minor Law Guidelines
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service
- Strong communication skills