Line Cook | Main Club Fine Dining
POSITION: Line Cook
LOCATION: Westchester Country Club | Rye, NY
COMPENSATION: $15.00-$22.00/hour commensurate with experience, Non-Exempt (Overtime eligible), Benefits (Full Time)
Part Time and Full Time Available
The Line Cook is considered a vital part of our Culinary Arts operations and will assist the Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine with recipe preparation and execution, menus, planning, and other tasks as required.
- Carefully follow standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service
- Prepare and cook all food items as laid out in the menu and in accordance with the specifications on the prep sheet
- Handle line assignments as scheduled (station prep and station service)
- Check condition of equipment; obtain necessary utensils, tools, and supplies
- Handles leftover food items as instructed by the Chef
- Returns soiled food preparation utensils and small ware items to the proper areas
- Cleans assigned workstation areas
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices according to Local Health and State Laws
- 3+ years of industry experience required
- A cook is required to have more than three years industry experience including internship or a degree from a recognized Culinary college.
- Should be well versed in culinary terms with thorough understanding of proper cooking methods
- Should have clear understanding of knife work
- Ability to operate within a fast-paced environment (heat and action)
- Frequent standing for extended periods of time
- Frequent walking to collect or deliver goods in various kitchens and or reception areas
- Regular lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent physical fitness, visual acuity, and sense of smell to work in the kitchen safely
- Degree from a recognized Culinary college a plus