Housemen - multiple departments
Housekeeping Department and Banquets Department are looking to fill this position.
- Maintain cleanliness of bathrooms, public areas.
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of storage space, hallway, elevator, and all areas as assigned.
- Assisting with cleaning Residential Apartments.
- Perform general cleaning duties, i.e linen duties, care for carpet, vacuuming, window cleaning, flip mattresses, trash removal as per daily, weekly assignments
- Ensure security of any assigned keys, radios.
- Review assignment sheet and update completed assignments. Check with the Housekeeping office for additional assignments throughout the shift.
- Respond to member requests in a timely fashion as assigned (cribs, roll-ways beds, laundry, amenities to be delivered to their room, apartment)
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the Supervisor.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Compliance with all departmental policies/services procedures/standards.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with taking direction, as well as communicating with co-workers
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Work with minimal supervision. Highly responsible and well-organized in tending to back of the house and public areas while ensuring member needs are met
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
Education and Experience:
- Prior Housekeeping experience preferred.
- 2-3 years prior Housekeeping experience for a commercial building or private houses required. Club or Hotel experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Trained in proper chemical handling and Blood Borne Pathogens handling techniques desirable.
Language and Communication Skills:
- Conversational English. English Literacy – at a minimum basic reading and writing skills to ensure proper communication with members and supervisors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to help out and anticipate member and other department needs
Physical, sensory, and motor demands:
- Highly active, multitasking type of environment. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length.
- Frequent Walking – you will be required to work in various buildings of the Complex
- Excellent physical fitness, visual acuity, and sense of urgency to attend to
- member’s needs. Must be able to reach above head shoulder height to perform job duties and perform various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Physical work requirements: Ability to lift, bend, carry, and exert up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Ability to lift/transport up to 50 pounds. Push/pull carts or equipment up to 250 pounds.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- This position requires working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor and outdoor settings.