Under supervision, the Boat House Attendant ensures the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. This position will work at an Outdoor Beach Facility. The facility features two beach areas with roped in swim areas. The facility also features two pool areas and will have some work required duties as needed.
DEPARTMENT: Beach Club
REPORTS TO: Aquatics Director
COMPENSATION: Non-exempt (overtime eligible), hourly compensation
BENEFITS: Free meals, free parking, free uniform
DURATION: SEASONAL - SUMMER 2021
• Make Sunfish hulls, kayaks, and canoes available at the water’s edge and to bring the hulls back to their racks at the end of the day
• Keep an “In and Out Log Book” so that at any time, it can be determined who is on the water (in case of an emergency).
• Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all Club equipment. This includes the dollies, the two Boston Whalers and their engines, all rental material (sunfish, kayaks, and canoes) and the Boat House area.
• One instructor and one committee will be available on scheduled racing days to set up racecourses and conduct racing. Racecourses should be set in advance of the racing time. Boat staff should be prepared to conduct a race one day each weekend.
• Responsibility to enforce all Club rules regarding the use of the beach facility and to enforce sailing rules and regulations.
• Responsible for the sailboat, sailboard, and canoe rental operation. This will require proper record keeping and keeping one properly rigged sailboat, sailboard, and canoe on the beach prepared for rental on all days.
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
• Minimum age is 15 to meet NYS Minor Law Guidelines
• NYS Boaters License
• Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures
• Able to Carry/Move Objects up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to swim, a skill associated with daily moving in and out of the boats and retrieving boats.
• Strong communication skills