REPORTS TO: Cabana Supervisor
Cabana attendants are responsible for attending to the members cabanas by providing a clean, safe environment and offering ice, snacks and beverages throughout the day
All Cabana attendants who serve alcoholic beverages need to be at a minimum 18 years old.
Physical, sensory and motor demands:
- Highly active, multitasking type of environment
- Frequent Standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent Walking
- Excellent physical fitness, visual acuity and sense of urgency to attend to members’ needs
- Work is performed mainly outdoors throughout the summer
- Each cabana attendant attends to his/her assigned cabanas as well as his bay partners cabanas on their days off.
- Cabanas are to be opened and the furniture is to be set up outside the cabana and in the sand areas before the holder arrives.
- The cabanas shower and dressing areas are to be cleaned daily. (Vacuumed, dusted, ect…)
- Glasses and any other utensils used for eating and drinking are to be cleaned daily in the gun club dishwasher.
- Ice is to be distributed upon cabana holders’ arrival and is to be refilled as requested throughout the day. You should ask occasionally if you can get ice or anything else for the cabana holder.
- Sidewalk areas around the cabanas are to be kept clean and free of sand. A sand blower may be used, sweeping should be done daily.
- The deck areas are always to be kept clean.
- Rocks, rubbish and weeds are to be removed from all areas around the cabana bay.
- Cabana attendants are to make a written report to management about any repairs that need to be made.
- One cabana person from each bay is to go to lunch each day at 11:00am and the other at 11:30am. By 12:00pm all attendants must be back to work.
- Lunch and snacks are served by cabana attendants.
- Food checks are to be signed out from the manager’s office and are to be handed in each day.
- After cabana holders leave for the day attendants are to clean up the cabanas, unless cabana holders are remaining beyond 6:00pm, after that time the cabana holders are responsible for closing the cabanas themselves. If anyone plans to stay, check to see if they need anything before you go.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive in anticipating and responding to members’ needs
- Comfortable with taking direction, as well as communicating with co-workers
- Highly responsible and well-organized in tending to members daily needs
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Unexpired First Aid Certification and CPR Certifications – a plus
Reliable transportation. There is not a public transportation.