WHO WE ARE
Since 1922, Westchester Country Club is an exclusive family-oriented private club located in Rye, New York. Westchester Country Club is among the top country clubs and proudly designated as a Platinum Club of America, ranking #29 out of the top 150 country clubs in the United States.
With over 1,600 members, Westchester Country Club offers world-class facilities including the main club property and the beach club on the Long Island Sound. Club members enjoy two championship golf courses and a 9-hole executive course, comprehensive tennis and squash facilities, various dining options, an on-site fitness facility and indoor pool, and other specialized amenities. Westchester Country Club also has two large banquet rooms, conference facilities, member apartments, and guest accommodations.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
We are hiring for a full-time Security Officer to join our Security team. This role will provide a safe and secure environment for both the Members and employees of the Westchester Country Club. The Security Officer will provide a professional, cooperative, and courteous service to satisfy the needs of all Members and employees through: Routine patrols; parking enforcement, monitoring surveillance cameras, writing incident reports, conducting investigations, fire safety awareness, AED/C.P.R., and First Aid assistance.
Candidates interested in applying must be willing and available to work this position's set shift: 11:00pm – 7:30am overnight
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide safety and security to Club members, guests, and employees, including Club assets by using keen observation skills and proactive solutions
- Maintain a visible and physical presence while on duty so that all Club activity can be monitored at all times
- Deter, detect & prevent unauthorized people from entering the property and facilities
- Operate Security Management & Access Control computer system
- Monitor camera surveillance system
- Patrol Club property to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure doors, windows, and gates are secure at all times
- Follow up on all suspicious activity
- Observe and rectify all safety and fire hazards in cooperation with the Engineering department.
- Conduct thorough investigations for various incidents including theft, accidents, and Club policy violations
- Compose incident reports for any accident, injury, rule infraction, property damage, theft, unauthorized persons, or suspicious activity
- Issue parking summonses for all parking violations
- Complete safety inspections for various items across Club property
- Collect and log all Lost & Found items
- Log all incoming packages via package scanner and facilitate delivery/pick-up
- Open/lock doors upon request and during routine patrol
- Maintain key box and issue keys to authorized personnel
- Respond to all alarm activations (burglar/fire alarms)
- Provide First-Aid assistance to injured parties on Club property
- Data entry
- Provide assistance to all Members, employees, and guests as needed
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect Club assets
- Maintain excellent communication with co-workers and foster a positive and professional work environment
- Support the team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
- Perform additional duties and assist with additional projects & assignments as needed
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Must be Security minded and diligent, with ability to identify and manage risks, hazards and threats
- Associate or Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice, or other related program; or relevant experience and/or other training will be considered
- Relevant experience within Hotel/Hospitality setting a plus
- Computer literacy required
- Must have ability to type a clear concise report
- Must have ability to operate all relevant Club operations systems, including Security Management computer system, Fire/Burglary Alarm system, photo ID software and IP camera surveillance system (systems training will be provided)
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle (NYS Drivers license) required
- High attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and excellence
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability to maintain explicit confidentiality and demonstrated discretion in the handling of highly sensitive material and information
- First Aid/CPR/Defibrillator certified
- Must be flexible to meet scheduling needs
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
$18.00-$20.00 hourly compensation, commensurate with experience
OUR TOTAL REWARDS
At WCC, we believe that our biggest strength lies in the exceptional people who work for our organization to deliver memorable experiences to our members and their families. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and providing our team members a meaningful and rewarding career experience with us. We prioritize offering valuable benefits, wellness, rewards and recognition programs, compensation, time off, and resources to support the wellbeing and needs of team members and their families. We refer to these as our "Total Rewards“.
- Establish a Healthy Foundation – Several Cigna medical plan options, plus prescription coverage, dental and vision insurance.
- We've Got You Covered – 100% company paid life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and employee assistance program.
- Protect Against the Unexpected – Voluntary benefits including accident, critical illness, and supplemental life insurance.
- Family Members with Four Paws - Pet insurance available to provide dogs and cats with health coverage too.
- Build Toward Retirement - 401(k) plan for retirement savings and education sessions to help foster financial literacy.
- Work/Life Harmony - Paid time off including vacation and personal days, 11 holidays, and more to enjoy time outside of work, take a break, and care for ourselves or others.
ALL team members enjoy free lunch and dinner meals, free parking, a lifestyle discount program, and numerous recognition events and activities throughout the year.