Summer 2023 | Bar Back | Beach Club Food & Beverage
JOB TITLE: Bar Back
LOCATION: Westchester Country Club, Rye, New York
DEPARTMENT: Beach Club – Food & Beverage
COMPENSATION: Non-Exempt (overtime eligible), $17.00-$18.00 per hour commensurate with experience
Please note: Per New York State law, in order to be legally authorized for employment, all Minors must obtain and provide their Student General Employment Certificate (Working Papers) prior to beginning their first day of employment and to be kept on file for the duration of their employment.
This position is responsible for ensuring the organization and cleanliness of the Beach Club Bars and Bar areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set up and prepare Bar at top of shift, including cleaning, stocking, checking and achieving par levels, and preparing all items for the Bar
- Stock all liquor, beverage and other Bar supplies according to WCC procedures
- Maintain liquor, beer, fruit and ice stock throughout shift, replenishing as needed and in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain stock of glassware, restocking as needed
- Maintain sanitation and organization of Bar and all corresponding areas including Bar work areas and storage areas
- Manage trash removal in Bar and corresponding areas
- Assist with Member and Guest requests, consistently providing impeccable service
- Perform additional assignments as requested by Management/Supervisory/Bar team
The above list of essential job functions describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- Maintain friendly, courteous and service-oriented attitude at all times
- Adhere to all WCC guidelines, policies and procedures
- Carry out all reasonable requests made by Bartenders, Managers and Supervisors
- Availability to work a flexible schedule throughout summer season, including weekends and holidays
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential functions of this position.
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Previous Bar and/or Service experience a plus
PHYSICAL, SENSORY AND MOTOR DEMANDS:
- Must be able to lift, handle and carry beverage items, supplies, glass racks, small wares and equipment
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Frequent Walking to collect or deliver goods in various kitchens or reception areas
- Must have ability to move quickly and multitask in a high stress/high pressure environment