Summer 2023 | Lifeguard | Beach Club Aquatics
JOB TITLE: Lifeguard
LOCATION: Westchester Country Club, Rye, New York
DEPARTMENT: Beach Club - Aquatics
COMPENSATION: Non-Exempt (overtime eligible), $15.00-$20.00 per hour commensurate with experience
Please note: Per New York State law, in order to be legally authorized for employment, all Minors must obtain and provide their Student General Employment Certificate (Working Papers) prior to beginning their first day of employment and to be kept on file for the duration of their employment.
This position is responsible for ensuring the safety of Members and Guests at all Beach Club Aquatic facilities (two outdoor pools, two beachfronts) by effectively preventing and responding to emergencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain vigilant supervision of pool and beach areas, assuring all Members and Guests are adhering to proper safety protocols
- Perform daily swim as required by all Lifeguard staff
- Respond to any and all emergency situations in a quick and appropriate manner, adhering to safety and rescue protocols
- Enforce safety and Club policies in pool and beach areas
The above list of essential job functions describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- Maintain ability to row a small boat as instructed by Management
- Maintain ability to use rescue equipment properly
- Adhere to all WCC guidelines, policies and procedures
- Carry out all reasonable requests made by Aquatics Supervisors and/or Aquatics Director
- Availability to work a flexible schedule throughout summer season, including weekends and holidays
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential functions of this position.
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Prior Lifeguarding experience preferred
- First Aid Certification
- CPR Certification
- Lifesaving Certification
- Waterfront Certification preferred
- Minimum age requirement is 15 to meet NYS Minor Law Guidelines
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to carry/move objects up to 30-50 lbs.