Summer 2023 | Camp Nurse | Beach Club Summer Camp
POSITION: Camp Nurse
LOCATION: Westchester Country Club | Rye, NY
DEPARTMENT: Beach Club Summer Day Camp
COMPENSATION: $38.00-$40.00/hour commensurate with experience, Non-Exempt (Overtime eligible)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Complete all camp staff orientations and training
- Complete all requisite paperwork, pertaining to payroll, Westchester Country Club policy, and Department of Health requirements
- Presence at camp during camp operational hours, beginning June 29, until August 7, Monday-Friday. Typical camp hours being 9:30am-2:30pm, however starting times may vary, according to camp director’s discretion
- Assist in morning health screenings, as directed by the state of New York, if necessary. Screening process to include temperature screenings of staff and campers entering camp, as well as completion of written daily questionnaire, by parents
- Attend to camper and staff first aid and health concerns arising during the course of the camp day. Such matters may include, but are not limited to cuts, bruises, heat-related illness, insect bites/stings, allergic reactions, and symptoms of viral illness
- Maintain and update first aid log book, according to each treatment provided to campers
- Review camper and staff immunization records and identify missing doses as per Health Dept. Guidelines prior to the start of the first day of camp.
- Provide appropriate forms and maintain health information for campers who have medical conditions (allergies, asthma, etc.). Store and administer medications as prescribed by a doctor (EpiPen, Benadryl, albuterol, etc).
- Assist in other areas of daily camp operations, as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly responsible and well-organized
- Ability to react quickly and effectively in case of emergency
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively with Camp Director, Assistant Camp Director, Campers, Camp Staff and parents
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential functions of this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- NY State licensure as a physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, emergency medical technician
- Certified in First Aid and CPR trainings designated as acceptable by the Westchester County Health Dept. Acceptable course titles to be provided by camp director, and staff required to hold such certifications will be given the opportunity to attend necessary classes prior to the start of the camp season
PHYSICAL, SENSORY AND MOTOR DEMANDS:
- Able to bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent Walking and Standing for extended periods of time