Summer 2023 | Seasonal Cook (May-October) | Food & Beverage
POSITION: Summer 2023 (May-October)| Seasonal Cook
LOCATION: Westchester Country Club | Rye, NY
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage / Culinary
COMPENSATION: Non-Exempt (Overtime eligible)
Westchester Country Club does not sponsor candidates outside of the U.S. To be eligible for this position, all applicants MUST already be in U.S. Please do not send your resume if you do not comply with this requirement.
The Line Cook is considered a vital part of our Culinary Arts operations, and will assist the Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine with recipe preparation and execution, menus, planning, and other tasks as required.
- Carefully follow standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service
- Prepare and cook all food items as laid out in the menu and in accordance with the specifications on the prep sheet
- Handle line assignments as scheduled (station prep and station service)
- Check condition of equipment; obtain necessary utensils, tools, and supplies
- Handles leftover food items as instructed by the Chef
- Returns soiled food preparation utensils and small ware items to the proper areas
- Cleans assigned workstation areas
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices according to Local Health and State Laws
- 3+ years of industry experience required
- A cook is required to have more than three years industry experience including internship or a degree from a recognized Culinary college.
- Should be well versed in culinary terms with thorough understanding of proper cooking methods
- Should have clear understanding of knife work
- Ability to operate within a fast-paced environment (heat and action)
- Frequent standing for extended periods of time
- Frequent walking to collect or deliver goods in various kitchens and or reception areas
- Regular lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent physical fitness, visual acuity, and sense of smell to work in the kitchen safely
Degree from a recognized Culinary college a plus