Bartender | Food & Beverage
LOCATION: Westchester Country Club | Rye, NY
DEPARTMENT: Sportshouse Restaurant | Food & Beverage
COMPENSATION: Non-Exempt (Overtime eligible), Benefits
The Bartender will be responsible for preparing alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for Members and Guests according to Westchester Country Club Standards of Service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare both standard drink recipes and special drink requests quickly and accurately
- Assure all Members and Guests requesting drinks meet minimum drinking age
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of bar, including arranging bottles and barware, washing glasses, removing empty bottles, and replacing kegs
- Execute bar setup and stocking prior to start of service and/or event
- Provide Members and Guests with friendly, impeccable service
The above list of essential job functions describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- Strong Bartending skills
- Friendly and professional attitude
- Impeccable and professional appearance, in accordance with Westchester Country Club standards and guidelines
- Ability to work cohesively with Food and Beverage coworkers and Managers to provide a top-notch service experience to Members and Guests
- Willing to contribute to additional duties upon request
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential functions of this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1 to 2 years' experience in upscale restaurant/bar/catering venue strongly preferred
- Valid Bartending License
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of State and local laws concerning the sale of alcoholic beverages
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Must be able to communicate and interact professionally with Members and employees in English language (verbal and in writing)
- Friendly and courteous demeanor at all times
PHYSICAL, SENSORY AND MOTOR DEMANDS:
- Able to multitask and operate within a fast paced, high stress/high pressure environment (Heat and Action)
- Frequent standing for extended periods of time
- Frequent walking to collect or deliver goods in various kitchens and/or reception areas
- Regular lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent physical fitness, visual acuity and sense of smell