Front Desk Agent
This is a Full Time, Union BJ32 (benefits). Club perks includes free daily meals and play golf on Mondays. Weekends MUST be a commitment.
Duties include welcoming members, residents, and guests, accurately checking in and checking out members and guests from the overnight rooms; answering and directing all phones calls to correct department; providing concierge services as requested by members and guests; handling all reservation phone calls. This position will also be responsible for handling all guest/building concerns and report any problems to appropriate departments. The Front Desk Agent will report to the Assistant Resident and Guest Services Manager and work collaboratively with all team members. Exemplary “customer service” orientation and outstanding hospitality skills are required and smiles are mandatory.
- Work under pressure and handle difficult situations; prioritize and organize work.
- Deal with members and guests in a professional manner with patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Extensive knowledge of the local area (Rye and Harrison), including restaurants, theater, and entertainment.
- Exemplary customer-service orientation and outstanding hospitality skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Engaging and dynamic interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor and presentation
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous experience as a bell person, front desk agent, receptionist or other service-oriented positions in hospitality setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards of service and hospitality:
- Answers the telephone; transfers calls to proper extensions; takes messages for members and staff.
- Greets members and guests.
- Provides schedule and other club information to members and guests.
- Sorts and distributes in-coming mail.
- Collects and posts outgoing mail including overnight mail services.
- Performs general office work such as word processing, filing and operating copy and fax machines.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Maintains supply inventories for reception area. Provides information regarding availability and rates for members and guests.
- Follows proper credit, cash, checking and cash-handling policies and procedures.
- Monitors room status information. Knows room locations, types of rooms available and room rates.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the club.
- Manages room key system.
- Update’s activities and meetings taking place in the club.
- Coordinates room status updates by notifying Housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests and part-day rooms.
- Verify and report status and/or discrepancies of rooms to Assistant Resident & Guest Service Manager.
- Reports unusual occurrences or requests to the Front Office Manager.
- Familiar with all safety and emergency procedures and accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front-desk and lobby areas.
- Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Front Office Manager.
Specifically, as it relates to Management and Admin Work.
- Attend Daily Huddle with Rooms Management and Front Desk Staff
- Ensure a clean, tidy and well-supplied work area.
- Handle administrative tasks.
- Communicate and coordinate any room and general house repairs with Housekeeping and Engineering
- Helps maintain and monitor lost and found program at the in guest rooms and public club spaces.
- Maintain a friendly yet professional relationship with all members and guest.
- Coordinate and ensure all member and guest request are properly handled in a timely manner.
Psychical Demands and Work Environment
- The ability to anticipate Member and Guest needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, on occasions 5-6 days a week can be expected during high season.
- Able to move fast and multi-task in a fast paced, high stress/pressure environment (Heat and Action).
- Frequently walking to collect or deliver goods in various areas
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, stand and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Continuous standing and walking.
- Continuous repetitive actions.
- Moderate noise level in the work environment.
- Perform bell person duties as needed.
Service and Style
- We want Members to be proud of our Club
- Proactively provide Members and Guests with improved services
- Personalize welcome letters
- Ensure with member/guest check-in
- The ability to anticipate Member, Guest, and employee needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.