Professional Server - Fine Dining
REPORTS TO: Director of Food & Beverage
COMPENSATION: Hourly compensation + Benefits + Vacations + Personal + 401K
This position is responsible for the complete service of food and beverages in our various a la carte outlets, catering to all members and guests needs according to established rules of etiquette. Servers work closely with runners and Server assistants in order to provide members and guests with an enjoyable dining experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assists the host and management with meeting, greeting, and seating of guests when needed
• Takes beverage orders. Enter beverage order into the Jonas system and serves the members and their guests within 5 minutes of the order taking
• Explain specials and up-sell additional items based on pre-shift suggestions discussed
• Takes food order, enter into the Jonas system and presets the necessary silverware
• Ensures smooth communication and coordination with Front and Back team members (Runners, Server Assistants, cooks)
• Serves food as soon as the entire table’s dishes are ready to be served – ladies first and hot foods before cold foods.
• Clears table as necessary and attends to guests throughout the meal (Water and coffee refills, replacement of dropped napkins, refills of wine or champagne, freshly grounded pepper or condiments)
• Closes out the check on the Jonas system
• Is courteous, maintain a professional attitude, and acts professionally throughout service
• Thanks members for coming and welcomes them back
• Ability to handle an entire station as designated by the dining room captain or Manager
• Ability to anticipate the needs and requests of members and guests
• Ability to operate all job-related equipment including but not limited to POS (Jonas Point of Touch), coffee machines, expresso machine.
• Knowledgeable about all menu items including their ingredients, presentation, and methods of preparation
• Ability to present and up sell specials and other menu items, answer questions and make suggestions regarding Food and wine pairing
• Ability to serve and clear food and beverage quietly and professionally, in a timely manner, by using proper serving and clearing techniques
• Excellent organizational skills to maintain stations and side stands stocked with necessary supplies and clean at all times
• Ability to handle complaints in a professional manner
• Ability to work on a team to ensure smooth communication, cooperation and coordination with other team members at the Front and Back of the House to ensure a professional and flawless member experience
Education and Experience:
High School degree or equivalent; or three to six months related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving standard situations.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in English in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Physical, sensory, and motor demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the Employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and taste and smell. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 10 Lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close and distance vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.