Housemen - Housekeeping
LOCATION: Rye, New York
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Manager
COMPENSATION: Hourly Compensation, Union benefits, Non Exempt, Full-Time
Position available: Immediately
Overall Cleaning and upkeep of Westchester Country Club Hotel and Public Spaces to housekeeping team standards, in order to ensure a pleasurable experience for our residing and visiting members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and/or satisfy the productivity, performance or qualification standards for the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain cleanliness of bathrooms, public areas.
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of storage space, hallway, elevator, and all areas as assigned.
- Assisting with cleaning Residential Apartments.
- Perform general cleaning duties, i.e linen duties, care for carpet, vacuuming, window cleaning, flip mattresses, trash removal as per daily, weekly assignments
- Ensure security of any assigned keys, radios.
- Review assignment sheet and update completed assignments. Check with the Housekeeping office for additional assignments throughout the shift.
- Respond to member requests in a timely fashion as assigned (cribs, roll-ways beds, laundry, amenities to be delivered to their room, apartment)
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Prior Housekeeping experience preferred.
- 1-2 years prior Housekeeping experience for a commercial building or private houses required. Club or Hotel experience preferred.
Language and Communication Skills:
- Conversational English. English Literacy – at a minimum basic reading and writing skills to ensure proper communication with members and supervisors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to help out and anticipate member and other department needs
Physical, sensory and motor demands:
- Highly active, multitasking type of environment. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length.
- Frequent Walking – you will be required to work in various buildings of the Complex
- Excellent physical fitness, visual acuity, and sense of urgency to attend to
- member’s needs. Must be able to reach above head shoulder height to perform job duties and perform various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Physical work requirements: Ability to lift, bend, carry, and exert up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Ability to lift/transport up to 50 pounds. Push/pull carts or equipment up to 250 pounds.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- This position requires working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor and outdoor settings.