Seasonal - Summer 2022 - Swim Instructor
JOB TITLE: Swim Instructor
LOCATION: Westchester Country Club, Rye, New York
DEPARTMENT: BEACH CLUB
REPORTS TO: Beach Club Aquatics Director
COMPENSATION: Hourly, based on number of swimmers per lesson
BENEFITS: Free meals, free uniform
Swim instructors will make themselves available to membership upon request.
Lessons times and number of Swimmers per lesson will be determined by the instructor and member.
Swim instructors selected for this position will be expected to observe utmost safety at all times and carry themselves professionally in all situations, to ensure a positive member experience.
Swim instructors applying for the position must have current First Aid Card and Safeguard Training Certifications through the American Red Cross and a proven track record of Swim instruction and Techniques applied to adults and children, in a Private or Public environment.
- Conduct aquatic classes in accordance with WCC program standards.
- Provide safe environment that allows members and participants to learn.
- Encourage and support students to provide an enjoyable aquatics experience.
- Evaluate swimming and certification skills; complete progress reports and course records for each session; complete communications for parents and participants.
- Participate as a a part of the aquatics staff team in providing a safe and enjoyable environment.
- Respect others by arriving on time and in accordance with schedule.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Provide excellent service to members and participants.
- Communicate all pool rules and ensure that you are accessible and identifiable.
- Maintain current WCC Swim Lesson Instructor certification.
- Maintain pool logs, incident/accident reports, locker room checks and other documents as required.