Seasonal - Summer 2022 - Lifeguard
You will need to have the following certifications before being hired: First Aid/CPR, Lifeguarding Certifications, Water Front Certification
Under supervision, Lifeguards ensure the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. This position will work at an Outdoor Pool/Beach Facility (Two Pools – 1 main pool with a shallow, a deep end with a diving area, a slide and 8 lanes 25 yards for lap swimming, a baby pool area for wading.) The facility also features two beach areas with roped-in swim areas. The applicant is expected to work shifts of 5 days a week for full-time positions. Each full-time shift is 8 ½ hours each day with a lunch break (lunch provided by Club). Part-time shifts are available as well. Applicant should be on time for all shifts, be diligent at the job and have the flexibility to work any day of the week, including weekends, as per business needs.
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of patrons in the event of an emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Ability to row a small rowboat as instructed by management
- Ability to use rescue surfboard and demonstrate the skills needed and asked of by management.
- Have the ability to demonstrate the skills involved in being a lifeguard as taught by certifications. (Not excluding additional skills and routines asked by management.)
- Be able to Carry/Move Objects up to 50 lbs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior lifeguarding experience preferred
- At least 15 years of age
- First Aid Certification
- CPR Certification
- Water Front Certification
- Lifeguarding Certification
- Skilled in the application of lifeguarding, surveillance and rescue techniques