Food and Beverage Internship - Season 2022
Excellent summer hands-on learning opportunity, with full exposure to running two fine-dining restaurants! You will enforce quality presentation and member satisfaction through the supervision of day-to-day operations of several upscale Food and Beverage outlets, including a Terrace overlooking the Golf Course. This position may also be assigned other food and beverage duties, and will also encompass special project assignments with exposure to other operational areas of the Club (based on business needs).
This position requires previous fine-dining experience and solid supervisory skills to assist the Director of Food & Beverage and Captains in managing a large core and seasonal staff and ensuring the highest service delivery to our membership.
This position will give you exposure to various Food and Beverage supervisory and management assignments. In addition to managing the floor, you will get exposure to managing inventories, overseeing staffing and scheduling, facilitating pre-meal/F&B training, as well as assisting Servers and Bussers as needed on the floor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and/or satisfy the productivity, performance or qualification standards for the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Will help supervise the dining room under the guidance of the Director of Food & Beverage and Captains
- Help maintain highest standards of appearance and cleanliness of the dining room
- Active participation in daily staff meetings
- Communicating in an efficient manner: daily specials, reservations, special requests and reviewing key policies and procedures
- Ensure correct appearance, cleanliness and safety of all equipment and report any concerns (maintenance and other) to management
- Help take reservations, distribute menus and take orders when needed
- Greet and seat members and guests and bring any comments, suggestions and complaints to management attention
- Maintain a presence in the dining room by making sure service is flawless and member satisfaction is consistently met
- Work with management on developing new menu concepts, monthly inventories, pricing and other training activities
- Help enforce sanitation practices for food handling and general cleanliness guidelines for our restaurants
- Manage, motivate and discipline employees when necessary
The above list of essential job functions describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- In this position, you will be expected to work in conjunction with the restaurant Managers to organize, plan and direct the execution of all restaurant services at our outlets to ensure that all members and guests expectations are anticipated and exceeded. Be prepared to delegate tasks as well as being part of the team and working alongside the culinary and bartending teams to make sure everything is taken care of. A large part of the internship is learning how to manage people and time, as well as ensuring a memorable and consistent service experience for our members.
- Available to work Weekends, Nights, Early AM shifts and Holidays.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential functions of this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate / Bachelor degree in Hospitality / Restaurant Management is desirable (if enrolled in a Bachelor Degree, Junior or Senior year preferred)
- Previous fine-dining and supervisory experience in luxury hotels or private Clubs preferred
- Food and Beverage Knowledge: Must understand the service flow of a fine dining outlet, as well as be able to aid in quality control
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multitask is a must for dealing with diverse duties and situations
- Well versed in Hospitality / Culinary Terms
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Must be able to communicate & interact professionally with members & employees in English language
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus
PHYSICAL, SENSORY, AND MOTOR DEMANDS:
- Able to move fast and multi-task in a fast paced, high stress / pressure environment (Heat and Action)
- Frequent Standing for extended periods of time
- Frequent Walking to collect or deliver goods in various kitchens Regular Lifting
- Excellent physical fitness, visual acuity and sense of smell to work in the kitchen and restaurant safely
*** Housing is provided at the Bachelor’s Quarters in the Main Club (based on seasonal availability). This is a dorm style living arrangement providing double rooms and a shared bathroom. This will be a great place to meet co-workers and make friends.***