Assistant Golf Professional
REPORTS TO: Director of Golf, Head Professionals
Job Title: Assistant Golf Professional 2022
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, LTD, STD, Meals
This position is responsible for working with all golf operations employees, creating, and running exceptional golf programs for the members and guests of Westchester Country Club.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist the Director of Golf and all golf staff employees with managing and overseeing all elements of the Club’s golf-related activates resulting in an exceptional overall golf experience for members and their guests.
- Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf, golf operation management and golf instruction.
- Be an active leader and teacher in the junior golf program including instruction, coaching, lesson plans, playing with Jr’s, and being a role model to students.
- Up to 48 hours per week on the floor of the golf shop.
- Daily opening and closing responsibilities in the golf shop
- Play with members on a routine basis.
- Participate in professional tournaments and pro-ams.
- Works with the Director of Golf, Tournament Director, and other golf staff on all facets of the tournament program.
- Adept and well versed in Golf Genius tournament software, Jonas POS software, World Handicap System, USGA Admin Portal system and Office programs (Excel, Word, and Publisher).
- Works directly with the Director of Golf and Golf Shop Manager to maintain a first-class golf shop. Including merchandising, inventory control and A/P.
- Possess a personality trait that will make members feel welcome.
- Maintain professional expertise through related courses and learning opportunities.
- Be a role model for all employees by demonstrating the behavior and work ethic expected of all employees.
- Self-motivated with desire to promote the golf program
- Maintain a high level of visibility and interaction with both Members and Guests.
- Promote and support all golf activities at Westchester Country Club
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- Provide welcoming environment for members
- Provide expert level of professionalism for members and their guests
- Education: Stay up to date and current on all golf related programs. Expected to attend education opportunities to improve oneself.
- Develop communication and marketing plans for the golf program.
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred Experience working in a golf shop/operation at a private golf/country club
- Experience teaching/coaching junior golfers.
- PGA Member or currently working toward PGA membership
- Microsoft 365. POS programs, golf genius, and handicap software, Golf social media and technology involved in the golf operation.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and courteous way with members and staff
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and service skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
Physical, sensory, and motor demands:
- Ability to be on feet for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift boxes, golf bags and basket of golf balls