Snack Bar Cook
JOB TITLE: Snack Bar Cook
POSITION OBJECTIVES: Prepare food items and Baked Food items required for Snack Bar and Beach Venues, including Banquet and Catered events (breakfasts, luncheons, dinners, Snacks, Swim Meets, Kids Camp, & Outings), and for preparation of food for all Beach operation outlets for lunch and dinner service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collects food and beverage products and small wares required for item preparation
- Operates food production equipment according to manufacturer’s instruction
- Carefully follows standard recipes while preparing assigned items for banquet or restaurant service
- Handles leftover food items as instructed by the Beach Chef
- Returns soiled food preparation utensils and small ware items to the proper areas
- Cleans Snack Shop/ Ice Cream Shop/preparation/serving equipment
- Cleans assigned work station area
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Previous experience working as a line cook preferred, but not required
Up to date Food Handlers / Sanitation license, preferred, or clear understanding and commitment to impeccable Sanitation practices.
Minimum age requirement: 16 per NYS Department of Labor Minor Law guidelines
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Well versed in Culinary Terms, preferred.
Able to read labels and understand HACCP and MSDS material training guidelines
Must be able to communicate & interact professionally with members & employees in English language.
Ability to communicate in Spanish – a plus
PHYSICAL, SENSORY, AND MOTOR DEMANDS:
- Able to move fast and multi-task in a fast paced, high stress / pressure environment (Heat and Action)
- Frequent Standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent Walking to collect or deliver goods in various kitchens and or reception areas (buffet set ups).
- Regular Lifting
- Excellent physical fitness, visual acuity and sense of smell to work in the kitchen and bake shop safely.