Golf and Grounds
Responsible for operating various mechanical and manual tools and equipment in a safe, efficient and effective manner to improve aesthetics, maintain course conditions, and playability of Club Grounds, for the membership’s enjoyment, while reducing the effects of extensive play.
Responsable de operar varias herramientas y equipos mecánicos y manuales de manera segura, eficiente y efectiva para mejorar la estética, mantener las condiciones del campo de Golf. Excellente oportunidad para candidates serios y comprometidos.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assembly of required tools or equipment
- Operation of motorized equipment
- Preparation of equipment
- Location of specific areas of the Golf Course or Grounds
- Fill divots
- Mechanical raking of sand traps
- Manual raking of sand traps
- Rotary mowing
- Operating a string trimmer
- Assist in light construction
- Safe and efficient operation of maintenance equipment at all times, including following safe operating procedures and using appropriate action
- Knowledge and observation of maintenance standards at all times
- Proficiency in distinguishing the courses, various hole numbers and other areas of the grounds
- Develop a basic knowledge of the various aspects of Golf and Grounds maintenance, including a good working knowledge of various pieces of equipment
- Ability to work long hours, flexible shifts, under various outdoors conditions
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent through a vocational school is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience operating mechanical tools preferred
- Previous experience working outdoors under various weather conditions
- A Valid Driver’s License is preferred.
- Should be able to operate a truckster, use a shovel and a mechanized sand rake