Golf Operations Manager - GOM
LOCATION: Rye, New York
DEPARTMENT: Golf Operations
JOB TITLE: Golf Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Golf
COMPENSATION: Salaried Exempt
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, LTD, STD, Meals
The Golf Operation Manager is responsible to manage the caddie program, bagroom, pace of play, golf cart fleet as well as all of the club employees and independent contractors associated with these areas. They will organize, promote and run a caddie academy for training of new caddies and make sure all current caddies are properly trained. Responsible for managing play on both courses, assigning caddies to groups, staging carts for play, assisting in all tournament operations, charging appropriate fees, keeping detailed play records, and enforcing club rules.
The primary goal of the position is to ensure a positive daily experience for all members and guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Knowledge of golf and caddie programs.
- Enforce club rules and policies established by the Golf Committee, Board of Directors and Director of Golf (DOG)
- Develop annual golf calendar with the DOG.
- Develop and maintain daily play sheets on Foretees and other avenues as directed by the DOG.
- Work with the DOG, Tournament Director, and Golf Professions to run golf outings, multiple guest groups and all member related tournaments.
- Communicate with the DOG, rangers, bag room employees, and cart employees for member transportation, pace of play, and cart management.
- Knowledge of golf operation procedures
- Develop, update and maintain “Event Book” detailing tasks, time lines, responsibilities, contacts and historical records
- Ensure that Members have been provided with available caddies.
- Schedule bag room, cart and ranger staff.
- Compile reports, budgets, projections, and revise procedures as needed
- Responsible for all items related to the caddie, cart and outside service for outings, including summary of event
- Ability to multitask in a high volume atmosphere
- Record detailed statistics of daily member and guest play, daily cart usage, and pace of play.
- Impeccable appearance at all times
- Friendly, professional, and respectful attitude to members, guests and employees.
- Flexible when asked to perform side duties
- Ability to work many consecutive days in a row as needed during the golf season.
Education, Experience, Skill and Traits:
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the Golf Industry with an understanding of caddie programs, outside operations, pace of play, and high end customer service at a private country club.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Experienced computer skills including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, email software, Jonas (or other POS software), ForeTees (or other tee time software), and Golf Genius (or other tournament software).
- Experienced in tournament operations and cart fleet management
- Experienced in public relations and customer service
- Experienced in written and oral business communications
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Develop a list of required resources including personnel, supplies, signage, rental equipment etc.
- Service and customer focused attitude
- Remain up to date on customer relations management, marketing, and business trends
Language and Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate in a professional and courteous way with members and staff
- Attend committee meetings directed by the DOG
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to work well with all constituencies
- Experienced in personnel management and volunteer coordination
- Works with Golf Course Superintendent and Director of Golf to ensure that the rules of the day are followed by all golfers and caddies.
- Coordinate daily staging area with DOG.
- Coordinate multiple guest groups and outside outings with the DOG, Tournament Coordinator and other golf staff
- Excellent physical fitness and visual acuity