REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Engineering
SALARY: $20-$25 per hour, commensurate with experience
BENEFITS: Paid Time Off, 32BJ Union Medical & Pension (per Contract)
To provide the facility with expert trade knowledge and possess the mechanical ability to perform all trade tasks effectively and efficiently on a daily basis. Individual must be an expert in multiple trades, and keep all shops organized, ensure material quantities are in inventory, keep shop equipment in good working order, and work with multiple trades when coordinating in-house projects.
Must be experienced in maintenance trades with particular emphasis in carpentry, plumbing, mechanical HVAC, and electrical fields relative to property maintenance, facilities, or hospitality environments where related skills have been utilized.
Candidate may be required to work alternate work shifts to cover absences and PTO from other staff as we have 24/7 full coverage with day, evening and night shifts with evening and night shifts only being one full time employee working eight hours for second and third shifts.
- Knowledge in all aspects of the carpentry, plumbing, electrical and/or carpentry trades required.
- Be familiar with local and county code requirements.
- Must possess ability to operate mechanical and electrical equipment to perform a variety of trade jobs as assigned, and also work with tools and equipment safely.
- Must have good manual dexterity while working with both hand and power tools when completing work order tasks as efficiently and effectively as assigned.
- Must know how to use variety of trade equipment to perform work assignments completely and with quality assurance satisfactory to trade standards in the industry.
- Must be able to build or construct equipment and have these items installed in offices, hotel rooms, apartments, and any special building where sports and/or events are taking place.
- Must understand a variety of heating and cooling equipment operations and be able to assess situations on a building management system to read, understand and make adjustments to suit environment variables.
- Must be familiar with doing repairs on commercial and residential type equipment including understanding kitchen/restaurant specialized equipment and must know how to troubleshoot equipment failures and know how to read instructional pamphlets or blueprints that indicate what and how pieces of equipment are put together correctly and/or operate.
- Possess ability to coordinate job tasks or project tasks as assigned with other trades on any repairs and/or new installation projects performed by in-house forces or with outside contractors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for all installations and required repairs as assigned by Engineering Supervisor or Assistant Director in various Westchester Country Club Buildings on Club property, such as, but not limited to plumbing, carpentry, electrical, HVAC, geothermal, doors and locks, boilers, computers, and knowledge of parts, motors, and devices to specify and order for repairs/replacement, and must have ability to know how to fix and/or repair things in disrepair throughout the building proper.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in building maintenance.
- Progressive industry accomplishments preferred in hospitality or corporate building maintenance.
- English Literacy: Conversational English, must be able to read work order assignments, including being able to write completion task comments.
- Must be able to complete job order requests for assigned jobs as prepared by the Supervisor of Assistant Director.
- Should have familiarity with reading blueprints or as-built plans is also preferred, and all MEP details or instructional media of how to troubleshoot issues.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate respectfully with Club Members, Guests of the Club, and Westchester Country Club Staff.
- Master License or Journeyman Certification is preferred by Engineering Director.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Must be able to work weekends and/or nights, or as needed or required for emergency on-call services. and vacation requests must be planned with Engineering Supervisor and/or Assistant Director.
- Physical demands: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. On feet frequently for up to 10-12 hours a day, and occasionally uses and climbs ladders.