Performs duties closely instructed by cook 1s, will take direction and training from cook 2’s. Performs tasks as instructed and will receive all necessary training to complete tasks. An Extern is a culinary employee in training who will be directed closely and given additional responsibility as key technical milestones are met.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and/or satisfy the productivity, performance or qualification standards for the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Learn to follow standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service.
- Handle line assignments as scheduled (station prep and station service)
- Learn to produce Mise en place
- Returns soiled food preparation utensils and small ware items to the proper areas.
- Cleans assigned work station areas.
- Learn to use safe and sanitary food handling practices according to Local Health and State Laws.
- Any other task as defined by supervisor
- Adhere to all WCC Management Guidelines, Policies, & Procedures (including WCC employee handbook, Culinary Department Guidelines and Mission statement)
- Carry out all reasonable requests made by the Outlet Sous Chef, Outlet Chef, Executive Sous Chef or the Executive Chef in a professional and timely fashion.
Work schedule: flexible, up to 60 hours a week, including weekends, nights, early AM shifts and holidays.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- Education & Experience Requirements:
- Desire to continue growth and knowledge.
- Must be able to communicate & interact professionally with members & employees in the English language.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish – a plus
- Frequent Standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent Walking to collect or deliver goods in various kitchens and or reception areas (buffet or station set ups).
- Regular Lifting up to 25 Lbs.
- Must possess good physical fitness, visual acuity and sense of smell to work in the kitchen and bake shop safely.