Summer Tennis Instructor
This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Tennis in all club tennis activities, events, exhibitions, tournaments and lessons. This position will be responsible for assisting our Director of Tennis in ensuring Westchester Country Club continues to grow and expand its successful Tennis program. This position will encompass some logistical and administrative duties, but will essentially focus on coaching duties, for various levels of players.
LOCATION: Rye, New York
REPORTS TO: Director of Tennis
COMPENSATION: Hourly Compensation (non-Exempt) and percentage of lesson revenue
- Demonstrated Coaching ability, with all levels of Tennis players
- Strong Leadership ability to take charge of the children clinics (clinics are organized by age group, from age 5 to 16)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Solid Computer skills to generate lesson reports and maintain attendance registries.
- Good Financial acumen and salesmanship to help grow the Tennis business
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Director of Tennis in planning and running the instructional programs.
- Provides lessons and clinics relating to the techniques and strategies of tennis to members and guests.
- Assists the Director of Tennis in Organizing, administering and officiating at tournaments, exhibitions and inter- and intra-club social events.
- Enforces club tennis policies and procedures regarding play on club courts.
- Strings rackets and performs other light equipment repairs.
- Assists members at the tennis shop.
- Ensures that all club members and guests receive courteous, prompt and professional attention to all their tennis needs.
- Markets tennis facilities to members and guests.
- Maintains a close working relationship with other club professionals.
- Attends all staff meetings.
- Represents the club in area professional tennis activities and at state or national tennis events with approval from the club.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of proven Tennis coaching experience
- College degree preferred
- Willingness to coach all levels of players
- High level of energy, self-motivated, team player
- Must be able to communicate & interact professionally with members & employees
- First Aid/CPR/AED Defibrillator training preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Frequent Tennis playing /coaching, walking, and standing. Occasional sitting. Intermittent squatting, bending, twisting, lifting (up to 25 Lbs or more). This position requires excellent physical fitness, visual acuity and auditory sense to play and coach Tennis safely.