LOCATION: Rye, New York
DEPARTMENT: Beach Club
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
COMPENSATION: Non-exempt (overtime eligible), hourly compensation
BENEFITS: Free meals, free parking, free uniform
Bartenders prepare alcoholic drinks for members and guest of the club in places where drinks are served. The bartender's main job is to know the standard drink recipes and be able to mix them quickly and accurately. Occasionally, customers have their own preferences or recipes for a bartender to follow. Bartenders also check the identification of members and guests at the bars to ensure that they meet the minimum drinking age.
- Take drink orders and serve drinks using a computer system to charge members
- Arrange bottles and barware, wash glasses, and clean the bar
- Replenish beverages and ensure guest satisfaction throughout the service
- Stock the bar by bringing liquor bottles, mixed drink ingredients, and other bar supplies from the storeroom to the bar.
- Keep track of wines, beers, liquors, and other supplies, reporting what is needed to the bar manager.
- Remove empty bottles and trash and replace empty beer kegs.
- Respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Bartending License required
- All Bartenders who serve alcoholic beverages need to be at a minimum 18 years old to meet NYS Minor Law Guidelines.
- Frequent standing for extended periods of time
- Must be aware of state and local laws concerning the sale of alcoholic drinks