The Diving Coach will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and will help members improve their diving skills. A typical day for a Diving Coach could include assisting in managing, training, and supporting all Aquatics Department Team Members. We want our head coach to provide our divers with sound fundamental technique and skills, proper preparation for competing at meets in a fun, team spirited environment, as well as to impart safety and sportsmanship.
Our dive season begins just after Memorial Day and ends in early August.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Head Coach of Swimming to perform as assigned coaching, instruction, promotion, and safety within traditional age group standards.
- Ensures we have the highest level of programming.
- Understands emergency response.
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer (or ability to obtain at onset of employment)
- First Aid Certification (or ability to obtain at onset of employment)
- Water Safety Instructor Certification
- 1 year coaching and/or swim instructor experience
- 1 year of lifeguarding training experience
Education, Experience, Job Knowledge and Expectations
- Applicants should have strong coaching experience and strong diving skills, extensive dive knowledge and leadership qualities.
- Must be able to teach and motivate kids of all ages and have great communication skills.
- Previous coaching and competitive experience are required (could have been at Asst. Coach level).
- Competitive college diving experience would be ideal but is not mandatory.
- A high school diploma (or equivalent), or greater is highly preferred.
- Club dive a plus.