Engineer - Beach Maintenance
SUMMARY Assist and support the Facility Manager in daily operating duties that includes the following categories, air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles and general building management.
- Display solid knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling, cleaning techniques, and use of equipment/ machinery.
- Driver license required.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Perform highly complex repairs of the physical property, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical equipment - ensuring all methods, materials, and practices meet company standards, Local and National codes.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Report broken or misused equipment to Manager or Beach Club Director.
- Ensure that all safety systems are operable.
- Follows Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- Parts Inventory - assist in the maintenance of a working inventory of parts needed for the department.
- Knowledge of Safety Data Sheets, product labeling, proper storing and handling of materials.
Skills and Abilities
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
- Adhere to quality expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Able to work independently and exercise judgment to resolve personnel and production issues that arise, with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be physically fit to lift, pull, and push items up to 50 pounds.
- Also requires standing/walking/reaching and bending throughout the shift (up to 8 hours).
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F).
- Perform rigorous tasks including working from ladders, under equipment, and handle awkward materials or apparatus required of tasks assigned.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
- Move up and downstairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.