Seasonal Position: May 2021-September 2021
A person with the ability to perform manual labor for grounds construction or building construction at the beach club. The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential functions of this position. This position requires working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor and outdoor settings.
LOCATION: Rye, New York
REPORTS TO: Beach Maintenance Supervisor
COMPENSATION: Hourly Compensation, Non Exempt
BENEFITS: Free meals, free uniform, free parking
• Digs trenches or pits
• Place and pick up barricades
• Drive a truck and unload materials and equipment
• Provide labor for other trades
• Throw out the garbage regularly
• Install signage and fencing
• Clean shop, job site, and equipment
• Highly active, multitasking type of environment. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length.
• Frequent Walking – you will be required to work in various buildings of the complex member’s needs. Must be able to reach above head shoulder height to perform job duties and perform various physical movements throughout the work areas.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of hand and power tools.
• Work with minimal supervision. Highly responsible and well-organized in tending to back of the house and public areas while ensuring member needs are met
• Conversational English. English Literacy – at a minimum basic reading and writing skills to ensure proper communication with members and supervisors.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to help out and anticipate member and other department needs
• Physical work requirements: Ability to lift, bend, carry, and exert up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Ability to lift / transport up to 50 pounds. Push/pull carts or equipment up to 250 pounds.