Sailing instructors will make themselves available to membership upon request. Lessons times and number of boaters per lesson will be determined by the instructor and member. Sailing instructors selected for this position will be expected to observe utmost safety at all times and carry themselves professionally in all situations, to ensure a positive member experience.
DEPARTMENT: Beach Club
REPORTS TO: Assistant Beach Club Manager
COMPENSATION: Non-exempt (overtime eligible), hourly compensation
BENEFITS: Free meals, free parking, free uniform
DURATION: SEASONAL – SUMMER 2021
• Sailing instructors applying for the position must have current First Aid Card and Safeguard Training Certifications through the American Red Cross and a proven track record of sailing instruction and Techniques applied to adults and children, in a Private or Public environment.
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
• Must have a valid NYS Boating Safety Certificate
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certification
• Experience with kayaks, paddle boards, Hobie Cat, and Sunfish
• Must have teaching experience, experience working with kids and adults, be an expert sailor, comfortable sailing, maneuvering, and docking
• Must have excellent leadership skills, be extremely responsible & patient