Beach Attendant - 2021
Under supervision, the Beach Attendant will work at the Westchester Country Club – Beach Club facility. The facility features two beach areas with roped in swim areas. The facility also features two pool areas and will have some work required duties as needed.
DEPARTMENT: Beach Club
REPORTS TO: Assistant Beach Club Manager
COMPENSATION: Non-exempt (overtime eligible), hourly compensation
BENEFITS: Free meals, free parking, free uniform
DURATION: SEASONAL - SUMMER 2021
• Be readily available to assist members with beach chair and umbrella setup on the beach.
• Regularly wipe down the beach furniture and sweep the steps leading down to the beach.
• Ensure no broken furniture is being used by members and report any damage to the Beach Supervisor or a member of the Maintenance Staff.
• Keep all floats and safety lines clean and free of debris.
• Return all Lost and Found items to the wooden bin down on the baby pool beach. Any items of value should be turned into the Front Desk.
• Be prepared to assist the lifeguards in any emergency situation.
• Maintain surveillance of patrons on the Beach; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency (ex: Umbrella flies become unattached and fly away)
• Able to Carry/Move Objects up to 30 – 50 lbs.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. (ex: filling up water jugs)
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
• Minimum age requirement is 15 to meet NYS Minor Law Guidelines; must have valid working papers.
• Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures is a plus.
• Ability to Swim
• Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
• Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
• Strong communication skills