Security Officer Internship
LOCATION: Westchester Country Club, Rye, New York
JOB TITLE: Security officer (seasonal)
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director & Director of Security
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience, hourly pay – non-exempt
BENEFITS: Free meal, Free uniform, Free Parking
Position available: 5/20/2021 – 9/2/2021
Full time, Sunday – Thursday 3:00PM – 11:30pm shift, Friday & Saturday off
The Security officer is to provide a safe and secure environment for the members of the Westchester Country Club. This goal will be accomplished by providing a professional, cooperative, and courteous service to satisfy the needs of all members which include: Routine patrols; parking enforcement, monitoring surveillance cameras, writing incident reports, conducting investigations, fire safety awareness, AED/C.P.R., and First Aid assistance.
• Computer literacy required
• Ability to type a clear concise report
• Ability to operate Security Management computer system
• Ability to operate Fire/ Burglary Alarm panel
• Ability to operate an computer based IP camera surveillance system
• Ability to use Photo ID software
POSITION SUMMARY: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Security officer must complete all tasks and assignments assigned by Director of Security & Assistant Director of Security including but not limited to:
• Provide safety and security to club members, guests, and employees, including club assets by using keen observation skills and proactive solutions.
• Maintaining a visible and physical presence while on duty so that all club activity can be monitored at all times.
• Operating Security Management & Access Control computer system
• Monitoring state of the art IP camera surveillance system
• Patrolling club property to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure doors, windows, and gates are secure.
• Following up on all suspicious activity
• Observing and rectifying all safety and fire hazards in cooperation with the Engineering department.
• Conducting thorough investigations for various incidents including theft, accidents, and club policy violations.
• Writing incident reports for any accident, injury, rule infraction, property damage, theft, unauthorized persons, or suspicious activity.
• Issuing parking summonses for all parking violations
• Completing safety inspections for various items.
• Collecting and logging all Lost & Found items
• Logging all incoming packages via package scanner and promptly deliver them and/or notify the recipients to pick them up.
• Opening/locking doors upon request and during routine patrol
• Maintaining key box and issue keys to authorized personnel
• Responding to all alarm activations (burglar/fire alarms)
• Providing basic first aid assistance to injured parties on club property.
• Conducting follow up inquiry’s with injured employees upon their return to work. Update accident/injury reports accordingly.
• Creating name tags for employees, restock tags as needed.
• Data entry
• Providing assistance to all members, employees, and guests
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
• Maintain excellent communication with co-workers and foster a positive and professional work environment.
• Support the team to reach common goals and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
• Perform other duties and assist with various other projects & assignments as needed.
• Security minded, diligent, energetic, customer service individual to work in a prestigious country club.
• Criminal Justice background and or Hotel/Hospitality Security experience required.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle (NYS Driver’s license) required.
• First Aid/CPR/Defibrillator training
• Must be flexible to meet scheduling needs.
• Must be able to communicate & interact professionally with member’s & employees.
• Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Frequent walking (up to 4 hours a day), standing (up to 3 hours a day) and sitting. Intermittent squatting, bending, twisting, lifting (up to 50 Lbs or more). This position requires excellent visual acuity and auditory sense, to monitor cameras, listen to security radio and use computer terminal for various duties. Some tasks may include exposure to blood, fluids or tissue (Blood Borne Pathogen training and proper protective equipment available).