This Seasonal position reports to the Director of Club Operations and is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Beach Club. This position may also be assigned other duties and will also encompass some special project assignments and exposure to other operational areas of the Club based on Westchester Country Club business needs.
JOB TITLE: Beach Club Operations Internship – Summer 2021
REPORTS TO: Director of Club Operations
SUPERVISES: All Beach Club staff
BENEFITS: Meals, Uniform, Paid Internship.
Work Schedule: Will work 50-60 hours or more per week
Available to work Weekends, Nights, Early AM shifts and Holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Keeping in mind that this is an educational internship, the roll of the intern is to act and grow as a supervisor. A training program will be discussed in order to ensure the ability meet the expected standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist Director of Club Operations with all aspects of day-to-day operation
- Assists in supervision or may have direct supervisory responsibilities for some team members.
- Oversee schedules from departments including Aquatics, Food & Beverage, etc. and announce any schedule changes
- Conduct and participate in daily pre-shift meetings in order to answer staff questions daily.
- Ensure all employees are in proper uniform and have a well-maintained appearance
- Responsible for developing and updating materials to keep information up to date and to continue with the improvement of beach club operations for the following season’s team.
- Carry out all reasonable requests made by the Director of Club Operations in a professional and timely fashion.
- In this leadership role, critical traits include drive, self-motivation, the ability to delegate and a strong sense of commitment.
- Work schedule: Will work 50-60 hours or more per week
- Available to work Weekends, Nights, Early AM shifts and Holidays.
- Punctual, professional, and a can-do attitude are essential.
- Must be service oriented – actively looking for ways to help others.
Candidates are currently pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Management, Facilities’ Operations, Hospitality or another related field.
- Interest in the hospitality and service industry
- Interest in management