Front Office Management Internship May - Sept. 2020
Front Office Management Internship
This Seasonal position will assist the Front Office, Housekeeping Department and Purchasing Operations in their day to day operations. This internship will also encompass some special project assignments and exposure to other operational areas of the Club, based on business needs.
While assisting the Front Desk department, this position is responsible for answering inquiries and obtaining information for Members and guests. This position will also provide information regarding activities and events conducted at the Club.
While assisting the Housekeeping department, this position is responsible for lost and found, checking rooms, answering inquiries and obtaining information for Members and guests. The intern will also be required to help maintain and organize storages, help with inputting information’s into PC, and help with inventory.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Keeping in mind that this is an educational internship, the role of the intern is to act and grow as a supervisor. A training program will be discussed in order to ensure the ability meet the expected standards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and/or satisfy the productivity, performance or qualification standards for the position.
INTERNSHIP PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
- Embody Leadership role through impeccable line of conduct and crisp, professional appearance at all times, especially when interacting with members and staff
- In this leadership role, critical traits include drive, self motivation, the ability to delegate and a strong sense of commitment.
- Adhere to all WCC Guidelines, Policies, & Procedures (including WCC employee handbook, Department Guidelines and Mission statement)
- Carry out all reasonable requests made by the Resident Manager, Executive Housekeeper and Beach Chef in a professional and timely fashion.
- Work schedule: Will work 50-60 hours or more per week
- Available to work Weekends, Nights, Early AM shifts and Holidays.
- Punctual, professional, and a can-do attitude are essential.
- Must be service oriented – actively looking for ways to help others.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential functions of this position.
Education and Experience:
- Associate / Bachelor degree in Hospitality is desirable (if enrolled in a - Bachelor Degree, Junior or Senior year preferred)
- Prior Culinary, Front Office and or Housekeeping experience preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word and Powerpoint)
- Able to read labels and understand HACCP guidelines
- Good organizational skills and an ability to multitask is a must for dealing with diverse duties and situations.
- Well versed in Hospitality
- Drivers License required
Language and Communication Skills:
- Must be able to communicate & interact professionally with members & employees in English language.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish – a plus
Physical, sensory and motor demands:
- Able to move fast and multi-task in a fast paced, high stress / pressure environment Heat and Action)
- Frequent Standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent Walking to collect or deliver goods in various kitchens
- Regular Lifting up to 50 Lbs.
- Excellent physical fitness, visual acuity and sense of smell